Price includes VAT
Please note we do not ship outside the UK
Chord Electronics are keen to dispel the idea that the Hugo TT is just a "Hugo in a posh frock" and rightly so!
Whilst the heart is based on the Hugo DAC/Headphone amplifier they have gone to enormous lengths to improve sound quality even further for use with high-end headphones and in audiophile systems.
The USB input has had Galvanic Isolation added which completely isolates the unit from RF and In-band noise which delivers great improvements with improved soundstage depth and a smoother more natural sound.
The inclusion of larger batteries and power supply capacitors results in much greater headroom, power and dynamics. Running on batteries results in a superbly quiet and stable power supply allowing the finest nuances of your music to be resolved. This is then bolstered by output stages biased more heavily into Class A operation for even lower distortion.
The next area to be improved is connectivity. The Hugo TT now sports two USB "B" inputs plus the coaxial digital input is now a 75 ohm BNC connector. Finally the audio output sockets have much greater space around them for larger plugs and a fully balanced pair of XLR outputs are featured running from the balanced audio signal generated by the internal circuitry. Twin 6.3mm headphone sockets are featured alongside a 3.5mm one to cater for all headphones.
The Hugo TT also sports a very sensitive Bluetooth antenna which allows a most useful 25m range for domestic use and a new heavy chassis measuring around 25cm x 25cm making it easy to house.
The Hugo TT is one of the finest DAC/Headphone amplifier combinations available and deserves to be auditioned so call one of our stores and book a listen!
Hugo TT key features
- Remote control allowing input (source) selection and volume control
- Alphanumeric LED display to show settings
- Double the battery capacity of Hugo
- 10,000,000uF (microfarads) of supercapacitor energy storage
- Fully balanced outputs using XLR connectors
- Single-ended RCA outputs
- BNC coaxial digital input
- Optical TOSLink input
- Full-sized B-type USB inputs for both SD USB and HD USB feeds
- Full galvanic isolation on the HD USB input right up to 384kHz
- Improved analogue stage output current for low distortion into low impedance loads
- 2x Quarter-inch jack headphone outputs
- 1x 3.5mm jack headphone output
- Advanced digital volume control
- Crossfeed filter network
- Battery-powered for power supply isolation
- Input selection identification and remote volume up or down indication is via alphanumeric display and colour-changing LED display
- 26K tap-length filter
- THD: 140dB
- Headphone output: 110dB SPL into a 300ohm headphone load
- 1x Optical TOSLink 24-bit/192KHz-capable
- 1x BNC coaxial input 32-bit/384kHz -capable
- 1x HD/SD USB B-type input up to 32-bit/384kHz
- 1x3.5mm headphone jack
- 2x6.35mm (1/4-inch) headphone jack
- 1x (pair) stereo RCA phono output
- Fully balanced via XLR connectors
This is because some items require more setting up than others (e.g. multi room systems) or have advanced settings.
To ensure you get the most from your equipment we need to take you through the process of setting it up correctly.
Sometimes the equipment is simply not suitable for shipping (e.g. glass stands that have been built up).
Simply reserve your product today and then arrange to pick it up from your nearest Audio-T store.
Items showing as "In Stock" are within the Audio T group and we may need additional time to transfer to your selected branch.
© 2016 Audio T Limited. All rights reserved. Company number: 2528057
Registered office: 19 Old High Street, Headington, Oxford, OX3 9HS